Following the lead of the UK Trust, the Australian Fund will sponsor this national songwriting competition in Alistair’s memory as an annual event. A summary of the terms and conditions are below, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact form provided below.
For complete terms and conditions download our terms and conditions pdf.
- The competition is open to songwriters and musicians based in Australia and will focus on songs promoting equality and social justice.
- The AHMF has recently been listed on the Australian Register of Cultural Organisations (ROCO). In applying for such recognition we defined social justice broadly as being “anti-discriminatory and egalitarian in seeking to achieve equal rights and opportunities for all people including the poor, the oppressed, the marginalised and excluded”.
- Entries should be recorded on a CD with an accompanying lyrics sheet and sent to The Alistair Hulett Memorial Fund, PO Box 109, Glebe NSW 2037. Further information about the Award and conditions of entry will be available on the AHMF website at http://www.alistairhulett.com/the-alistair-hulett-memorial-fund/. The closing date for entries to be considered for the 2012 Award is 5 March 2012.
- The entrant should be the owner of the intellectual property in both the words and the music and the song should not have been recorded previously.
- The AHMF will appoint a select panel of judges from among experienced songwriters and singers and the Trustees will decide the award based on the panel’s advice. Several musicians who performed at the 2011 Alistair Hulett Tribute Concert at the National Folk Festival have indicated their willingness to assist the Fund by acting on a judging panel.
- The award will include: performance of the song at the National Folk Festival (April 2012 in Canberra) to give the song profile; summary feedback from the judging panel to songwriters for all entries; a monetary grant to a maximum of $1000 to the award-winner(s) for use in furthering dissemination of the song such as recording expenses; and a suitable certificate /plaque to mark the award.
For more information or questions please contact us using this form provided.