Love, Loss and Liberty is the first in a series of compilation CDs covering the Songs of Alistair Hulett. It represents a small insight into the diversity and breadth of the wide-ranging material that Alistair created over 35 years as a songwriter. It demonstrates his artistry and eloquence as a poet and the impact he had on musicians and artists across the musical spectrum.
Love, Loss and Liberty CD
204 in stock
All proceeds from the sale of this CD will go to the Alistair Hulett Memorial Trust (AHMT) in the UK and the Alistair Hulett Memorial Fund (AHMF) in Australia. The AHMT and the AHMF were established after Alistair’s death on the 28th January, 2010. Peggy Seeger is the Patron of both the AHMT and the AHMF. Our purpose, in addition to preserving Alistair Hulett’s musical legacy, is to work with campaigns and organisations to impact positive change and to further human rights through music and the arts.Track 2, ‘He Fades Away’ as sung by June Tabor Track 14, ‘The Internationale’ as sung by Alistair Hulett
- Sons of Liberty – James Fagan & Nancy Kerr
- He Fades Away – June Tabor
- Don’t Sign Up For War – Rory McLeod with Gavin Livingstone
- Behind Barbed Wire – David Rovics
- No Half Measures – Niamh Parsons
- When The Small Birds Start Leaving – Roy Bailey
- Mrs Barbour’s Army – Sheena Wellington
- The Dark Loch – Alasdair Roberts with Donald Lindsay and Clutch Daisy
- Among Proddy Dogs and Papes – Jason Wilson Band
- Militant Red – ‘Sigaro’/Banda Bassotti with Pierluigi ‘Piggio’ Placido
- The Day That The Boys Came Down – Sydney City Trash with Alistair Hulett
- The Swaggies Have All Waltzed Matilda Away – Handsome Young Strangers
- Buy Us A Drink – The Irish Rovers
- The Internationale – Alistair Hulett
All rights reserved by Fatima Uygun & the Alistair Hulett Memorial Trust.
Produced by Phil Snell, Limbo Creative Ltd. Design by Alison Hulett.
Mastered by Clipstore Ltd, Leeds. Red Rattler RATCD007.
Manufactured in the UK for BirnamCD, Scotland.
|Dimensions||15 x 15 x 2 cm|